We do business in a constantly evolving, fast changing business landscape and to survive here businesses must learn to SEE things differently and DO things differently and DELIVER things differently.
Its not easy, and transformation is always difficult within the internal and external business environments we operate in. It requires cultural changes within the organization, and technology and process changes in interactions with customers and partners. One of the key aspects to define a digital transformation roadmap for your business is to understand where it stands as of today, which is to assess your current digital maturity. The Digital Maturity Model is an effective tool that provides guidelines for defining a roadmap for your digital transformation journey.
The Digital Maturity Model assesses the below core aspects of the business.
The Open Digital Maturity benchmarks this beautifully and can be used as a good reference to understand the process better.
Identifying your Digital Maturity for each of the aspects can be done through surveys, feedbacks from your customers, employees and other stakeholders of the business.
1. CUSTOMER CENTRICITY AND EXPERIENCE
- Evaluate the Customer Engagement & frequency of engagement.
- Evaluate your customer’s experience with the brand or the business.
- Evaluate the trust and perception that your brand is able to evoke.
- Capture some key insights from customers for improving their experience.
2. STRATEGIC DYNAMISM
- Prioritize your strategy around various aspects of growth.
- Start defining your Digital Transformation Roadmap.
- Look at the agility of your business and how lean it is.
- Check out the Brand & Eco-System/Partner Management processes.
- How do you drive Innovation and New Product Strategies.
- What are the New Markets, Verticals or expansions for growth.
- How do you do Financial Management & Investments for Growth.
3. DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
- Business Process Automation that is in place.
- Responsiveness of your Internal Processes and Departments.
- Need for Consolidation and Integration of your platformans.
- Availability of Real-Time Data for decision making at various levels.
- Data on cloud – Anytime/Anywhere.
- Frequency of Technology Upgrades.
- Benchmarking technology maturity with Competition.
4. ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE & TALENT
- Agility of Teams to adopt new processes and technology.
- Are you a Learning Organization.
- How nimble are the Org Culture and Work Culture.
- Adoption of technology & Readiness as a part of team culture.
- Innovation and Ideation in teams.
5. OPERATIONS AND SERVICE INNOVATION
- Agile Change Management processes.
- Integrated Services and Automation.
- Real-time Insights & Analytics.
- Project Controls & Governance Processes.
- KRA linked operational metrics.
- Adaptive and Dynamic Process Management Systems.
6. DATA CENTRICITY
- Data Strategy and Governance.
- Long term Vision for Data Usage and Metrices.
- Real-time data for decision making.
- Data Driven Processes.
- Security & Data Governance processes.
Based on surveys and questions prepared based on the above, we can assess the current digital maturity model of a business. From here we need to identify and define the key objectives and vision of the business for its digital roadmap. We then prioritize the capabilities required to enhance the gaps based on the key business objectives and put a short term implementation plan for digital transformation.
It makes sense to assess the impact at the end of each cycle or quarter, and validate the impact its making on the business and the customers. Concepts and plan can be refined at this point, and the plan revised to scale up futher . As we run the plan, we can take the organization through the same survey again to assess the impact of the changes, and the maturity to the DMM Model.
Changes may involve building platforms, or adopting new platforms, redefining customer experiences or relooking at the product strategy, organizational cultural changes and many more. Sustaining and optimizing this as it evolves is the key to successfully managing the change, and to successfully lead the change!
Carmatec holds over 15+ years of experience in helping businesses working in practically all industries undertake their Digital Transformation initiatives leveraging its ultimate technical know-how and domain expertise. Want to know how our experts implement the perfect mix of latest technologies – fit for your business model as well as help you get your business ready for making the most of this transformation?
Feel free to contact us. Our experts will be happy to offer consultation on undertaking a Digital-First approach for your business and assist you on any technical project you have in the pipeline.