Web & Mobile
Strategic & Profitable Market Expansion Of Qatar’s First & Largest E-Commerce Store
The client is the first and largest online marketplace in Qatar. Their website, which has been in operation since 2008, caters to multiple product categories including fashion & accessories, electronics, home appliances, beauty & healthcare products, groceries, cakes and flowers. The Client is owned and sponsored by a multinational bank adjudged as the ‘Best Regional Commercial Bank’ by a leading banking & finance publication of the region.
The Need For Radical Expansion & Disruption
The Client wanted to tap into the full potential of the e-commerce marketplace in the country. Specifically, The Client wanted to position itself as a market leader in offering online business to a continuously growing network of merchants and establish brand loyalty among the target audience as the go-to store for all major purchases, from groceries and cosmetics to electronics and fashion, and establish online shopping from their store as the norm in the country.
Following are a few business statistics and process features that required Improvement:
- There were no merchant follow-ups for product updates
- There was no contract management system in place–all past contracts had expired
- No regular updates of products were being made on the websites
- There was no helpdesk
- They were no order tracking system in place
- They had poor shipping statuses and many orders were incomplete
- Dashboards for overall management were unavailable
- Systems with technical errors were not addressed with the vendor
- Product uploads & inventory lacked standardisation
- Payment commissions were not being processed properly
To briefly summarise the high-level goals of the project, The Client wanted to:
- Expand their network of registered merchants.
- Increase the number of registered & active users.
- Enhance the website UX & UI.
- Hike up the online conversion rate
The New Web App, iOS & Android Mobile App And A Delivery App
After thoroughly assessing the requirements, we upgraded the web application with three different systems for specific functions: the Admin Panel, the Merchant Panel and the E-Commerce Store. In addition to this, we built Android and iOS mobile apps for the online store.
We also create a Delivery app to streamline the order shipping & delivery process.
Main features of the e-commerce store include:
- The Admin Panel
- The Merchant Panel
- The E-Commerce Store
- Multiple payment gateways and shipping methods
- Integrated help desk
- Shipping charges details
- Customer loyalty extension program
- Mobile apps for both IOS and Android Users
- Coupon/Discount Management
- Inventory management
- Payment Commissions
- SMS Integration
- Delivery App available for both iOS and Android
- New Relic, Nginx
- Git, SES, SMS, Email