The requirement was to provide maximum number of available channels online on subscription and VoD content on free signup. All content is region specific and currently the application supports around 10 countries and new countries can be added at any time
The application is completely API based where REST api’s are used for storing and retrieving the data.
The application handled the following
- Allow users to watch live tv and VoD videos on signup
- REST api’s to store and retrieve data
- Customized plugin integrated with Jwplayer and data management
Media Application Features
- User management
- Live tv channels and VoD playback
- REST api’s management
- Social login integration using third party service called Hull
- Payment integrations using multiple providers like Paypal, Evergent ccavenue etc.
- Akamai caching
Carmatec provided a highly interactive and user friendly front end for watching live tv and other VoD content online with smooth customized jwplayer.
- Ruby 1.9.3, Rails 4.0.2, HTML/CSS, JS/Jquery/Ajax, Twitter Bootstarp, Git, Bitbucket
Client details are protected under strict NDA and, therefore we do not disclose such information. However, we can provide references once you make an enquiry.