A popular site among the Top 1000 sites in the country experiencing continuous growth, the client business was into offering assistance to students for Tech interviews’ preparation. As a technology-partner, Carmatec had been helping their team to achieve the business goals of increasing the revenue by empowering its website with various features. Starting as a free website, where all the users would get to see all the study/preparation material, now, with the growing popularity the client decided to add paid user functionality to provide the users with differential preparation material according to their subscription level. Therefore, the current requirement entailed enhancements to the existing website including paid user functionality and a few other features which facilitated the smooth functioning and effectiveness of the Digital Presence of the client’s business.
The key objectives of initiating this project included:
- The need to add the paid user functionality – allowing them to how the study material differently to the users according to the subscription-level
- An incremental Solution – The solution that would cater to their incremental need for uploading more material for the incrementally added companies.
- The need to overcome the load-speed issues the site faced – for taking care of the heavy traffic anticipated on the website as the business would experience further growth.
- Carmatec proposed a WordPress based solution to enhance the client website. Using this free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL, the application was developed to be based on an elegant Woo-commerce theme to perfectly suit each of their needs using all the supporting plugins configured and installed. The newly added paid-user functionality ensured the content was differentially visible to the free users and paid users, just as required to support their planned revenue model.
- To resolve the loading speed issue their existing website faced, their website which was then hosted on Godaddy and was running very slow, was imparted appropriate hosting support for effectively catering to the increase in traffic they envisioned in near future.
- They were provided with an incremental and user-friendly solution wherein it was easy for them to manage and upload the preparatory material and content specific to each new and existing company separately as and when the new information would become available to them.
- Custom PHP Solution using Angular JS supported by AWS based infrastructure
- Currently the client website is among the top 1000 websites and continues to grow in popularity and revenue terms with the new enhancements successfully added.
- As their technology partners, Carmatec continues to support and assist the client with adding more paid material as and when needed, and also, helping their team to reach the commerical goals of the business.
- With the suggested AWS solution the infrastructure is better able to cater to the performance expectations with the continuously growing traffic on the website.
- The offered custom PHP based solution offered with Angular JS as the front end is able to organize and build the site incrementally just as needed.