Google Panda was previously a ranking filter with a task to focus on quality of the web pages.
Let’s first understand what Google’s Core Algorithm is
Andrey Lipattsev, a Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google, said in regard to what core means:
“It is less about the functionality, which means it probably doesn’t change that much over time, and it is more about how we perceive it, in the context of the algorithm. Do we still think this is an experimental thing, it is running for a while and we aren’t sure how long it will last? Or is it like PageRank, it is part of it, it will always be there, at least in the foreseeable future and then probably call it in certain context part of the core algorithm.”
How it got confirmed that Google Panda is a part of Google’s Core Ranking Algorithm?
Google confirmed the update to Jennifer Slegg over at The SEM Post.
“Panda is an algorithm that’s applied to sites overall and has become one of our core ranking signals. It measures the quality of a site, which you can read more about in our guidelines. Panda allows Google to take quality into account and adjust ranking accordingly.”
This tweet from Google’s Gary Illeys confirms that Panda is a part of the algorithm now. But this is yet to be updated.
How to recover from Google’s Panda?
- Use Original Content: The world of internet is all about Content. Content has to be unique and original. Google doesn’t like presenting stale content to its searchers.
- Use Quality Content: Simply posting original content will won’t work either. The content posted must provide some value to the user. This is Google’s main aim. To give people what they are searching for.
- Don’t Over Advertise: Sites with extra advertisements and poor navigation were also hit with the Panda Release. Sites which only aim to show ads and provided poor user value were seriously impacted. Google simply aims to provide better user experience.
- Use the Power of Social Media Signals: Social Media Signals are very powerful. The total number of tractions which we get on social media, also helps in establishing a good rank.
- Encourage Commenting: More is the number of interactions on the page better it is. Comments signify that people are taking interest in the content and interacting with the author. This will also help in improving the ranking.
- Edit the Old Content, Rather than Removing it: It’s not always a good idea to remove the old content. Sometimes the old low quality content can be edited and converted into high quality content.
So Now what Will Happen to Panda?
Google has become more confident about the working of algorithm of Panda. From a ranking filter now it has become a part of the main algorithm. Main function of Panda is still the same to filter high quality content from the low quality ones.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
We do business in a constantly evolving, fast changing business landscape and to survive here businesses must learn to SEE things differently and DO things differently and DELIVER things differently. Its not easy, and transformation is always difficult within the...
Mobile commerce or m-commerce is an increasingly popular platform for many reasons. It is in fact touted to be the next generation of e-commerce. Due to this rising popularity, a number of companies are eager to jump onto the m-commerce bandwagon in order to offer...
Successful digital transformations will always start with a clear understanding of business strategy, current and future state operating modules along with risk management. Digital Transformation helps in upgrading the new standards of business and growth. It is not...