UNIVERSITY STUDENT SURVEY
The client wanted to create a gamified survey, testing a list of attributes against a new set of students in order to provide a motivating introduction to the new intake of students to the university. They wanted to achieve this through an online platform for University survey where students can take part in the survey and the university can analyse the results.
The application handled the following
- Allow the university students to take part in the survey by signing up.
- View the survey data visually(graphs, charts etc).
- Share the survey results via social media.
- Allow the university to analyse the results department-wise, demographics-wise, course-wise etc.
Carmatec was chosen as the development partner for this application due to the technical expertise and years of experience in developing scalable, user-friendly applications in RoR. Carmatec provided a highly interactive and user friendly front end for carrying out the survey.
Client – A university based in US
Man hours spent – 600+ hours
University Student Survey Application Features
- Highly scalable application with options to add more universities and colleges in future.
- Highly user-friendly UI design with vertical scrolling.
- Flexibility for university to access and analyse the data in multiple formats like pdf, csv, graphs etc.
- Easily understandable representation of results, where the university can see the most granular data based on the filter criteria.
- A platform to share and publish the results in social media which helps the universities to extend their publicity and reach.
- Ruby 1.9.3, Rails 3.2.13, Html/Css/JS.
- Gems- wicked_pdf, highcharts-rails, client_side_validations.
- Integration the application with APIs – Facebook, Twitter and Highcharts.
Client details are protected under strict NDA and, therefore we do not disclose such information. However, we can provide references once you make an enquiry.